- 1 What Temperature To Cook A 12 Pound Turkey?
- 2 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 3 At what temperature is a 12 lb turkey done?
- 4 How long do you cook a 12 pound turkey at 375?
- 5 Is 375 a good temperature to cook a turkey?
- 6 How long do you cook a 13 lbs turkey?
- 7 How long do I cook a 12 lb turkey at 300 degrees?
- 8 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 9 How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
- 10 What temperature should a turkey be cooked at?
- 11 How long do you cook an unstuffed turkey at 375 degrees?
- 12 Can I cook a turkey at 400?
- 13 What’s the rule of thumb for cooking a turkey?
- 14 Do you roast a turkey covered or uncovered?
- 15 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 16 How long should a turkey rest for?
- 17 How many people will a 12 pound turkey feed?
- 18 Do I put water in the bottom of a roaster for turkey?
- 19 How do I keep my turkey moist?
- 20 What is the lowest safe temperature to cook a turkey?
- 21 Is it safe to cook a turkey at 275 degrees?
- 22 How often do you baste the turkey?
- 23 Is turkey done at 160?
- 24 Is 160 a good temp for turkey?
- 25 Is a 160 temp OK for turkey?
- 26 How long does it take to cook a 14 lb Butterball turkey?
- 27 What happens if you cook turkey upside down?
- 28 How long does it take to cook a 10lb turkey?
- 29 Is it better to cook a turkey at a lower temperature?
- 30 Is it safe to eat pink turkey?
- 31 What temperature should turkey be cooked to UK?
- 32 How long does it take a 15 lb turkey to cook?
- 33 Can you cook a turkey at a higher temperature?
- 34 How many hours do you cook a 21 lb turkey?
- 35 How long should turkey sit out before roasting?
- 36 How Long To Cook A Turkey Per Pound – TURKEY COOK
What Temperature To Cook A 12 Pound Turkey?
If your turkey weighs 12 to 14 pounds, roast it at:
- 425°F for 2¼ to 2½ hours.
- 400°F for 2½ to 2¾ hours.
- 350°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
At what temperature is a 12 lb turkey done?
Insert oven-safe meat thermometer deep into the thigh without touching the bone. Begin checking the turkey for doneness about 30 minutes before the recommended cook time. Your turkey is done when the meat thermometer reaches 140°F in thigh. Carve and serve immediately.
How long do you cook a 12 pound turkey at 375?
Preparing the bird – Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cooking the bird – Estimate 12-15 minutes per pound for stuffed turkeys. Testing for doneness – You can either test by checking the temperature or checking the color of the juices.
Is 375 a good temperature to cook a turkey?
The Test Kitchen agrees that 375℉ is the best temperature to cook a turkey, because it’s not too hot, not too cold, and cooks quickly enough to ensure that a juicy, flavorful bird is ready by dinnertime. … Allow your turkey to rest for at least 25 minutes before carving. Cover it loosely with foil to keep it hot.
How long do you cook a 13 lbs turkey?
The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb. turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long do I cook a 12 lb turkey at 300 degrees?
Rub oil over all sides of turkey. and place turkey in uncovered roasting pan in oven. Bake for 1 hours at 300 degrees to kill bacteria.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
While some recipes state that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, the meat is safe to consume once it reaches the 165-degree mark. Cooking the breasts past 165 can result in dry meat, but the dark meat can be cooked to 180.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
What temperature should a turkey be cooked at?
You’ll need a meat thermometer to make sure you cook your turkey to the right temperature. Insert it close to, but not touching, the thigh bone. If it reads 180 degrees F in the thigh and 170 degrees F in the breast, it’s done and ready to serve.
How long do you cook an unstuffed turkey at 375 degrees?
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. …
- Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. …
- Place the turkey neck, carrots, celery and the remaining onions in a large roasting pan. …
- Roast the turkey until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Can I cook a turkey at 400?
400°F is the perfect temperature for cooking a whole bird. You’ll get crispy skin without compromising tenderness. Depending on the size of your bird, it should take anywhere from 3-6 hours to roast at 400°F. … Here’s a great time chart for turkey roasting.
What’s the rule of thumb for cooking a turkey?
Cooking Time – The rule of thumb for cooking a turkey is 13 minutes per pound. So our 16-pound turkey should have taken about 3 1/2 hours to cook. However, some factors like brining the bird, cooking with an empty (un-stuffed) cavity, and leaving the legs un-trussed will contribute to much faster cooking.
Do you roast a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
How long should a turkey rest for?
Turkeys between 4-6kg should be rested for 1½ hours, and ones from 6-10kg can rest for two hours. Get your turkey out of the fridge 30 minutes before you cook it. You’ll get less shrinkage when it goes into a hot oven.
How many people will a 12 pound turkey feed?
For turkeys smaller than 16 pounds, estimate 1 pound per serving (this accounts for bone weight). For larger birds, a bit less is fine; they have a higher meat-to-bone ratio. But if your goal is to have ample leftovers, aim for 1½ pounds per person whatever the turkey’s size. For 8 people, buy a 12-pound turkey.
Add water to the roasting pan to keep the turkey from drying out. Grandma always added water to the bottom of the roasting pan, at the start of the cooking. This keeps the bird from drying out.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
What is the lowest safe temperature to cook a turkey?
Make it safe – The United States Department of Agriculture ( USDA ) recommends temperatures no lower than 325 degrees Fahrenheit for cooking meat and poultry. Cook turkey to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is it safe to cook a turkey at 275 degrees?
As long as the turkey registers a temperature of 165 degrees F. it is safe to eat no matter the color. This requires a cooking time: At 235 degrees F your turkey will take 30 to 35 minutes per pound. … At 275 degrees F your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
How often do you baste the turkey?
Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.
Is turkey done at 160?
According to the Department of Agriculture, a turkey must reach 165 degrees F to be safe, but you can take it out of the oven as low as 160 degrees F because the temperature will rise at it rests.
Is 160 a good temp for turkey?
Cook your turkey until your thermometer reads 155 -160 degrees. (Yes, we know that new safe cooking guidelines say to cook your bird to 165 degrees (they used to say 180!), but remember that your turkey will continue to cook after removed from the oven and it’s temperature will increase by 10 degrees while resting.
Is a 160 temp OK for turkey?
The USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service recommends that your turkey reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F during cooking to be safely consumed based on the fact that bacteria threat, salmonella, cannot withstand temperatures of 160°F after 30 seconds.
How long does it take to cook a 14 lb Butterball turkey?
Lift turkey onto platter and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. 7-9 lbs. / 4-4 1/2 hrs. 9-12 lbs. / 4 1/2-5 hrs. 12-14 lbs. / 5-6 hrs.
What happens if you cook turkey upside down?
How long does it take to cook a 10lb turkey?
- 10-pound turkey: about 2 hours 10 minutes.
- 12-pound turkey: about 2 hours 36 minutes.
- 14-pound turkey: about 3 hours 2 minutes.
- 16-pound turkey: about 3 hours 28 minutes.
- 18-pound turkey: about 3 hours 54 minutes.
- 20-pound turkey: about 4 hours 20 minutes.
Is it better to cook a turkey at a lower temperature?
Is it better to cook a turkey at a lower temperature? It’s okay to cook the bird over temperature. The meat will seize and then yield and become even more tender as it cooks, so I typically cook my bird to 180 F. Tent the bird with foil if you notice it browning too quickly.
Is it safe to eat pink turkey?
The best way to be sure a turkey — or any meat — is cooked safely and done is to use a meat thermometer. If the temperature of the turkey, as measured in the thigh, has reached 180°F. and is done to family preference, all the meat — including any that remains pink — is safe to eat.
What temperature should turkey be cooked to UK?
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Smear the butter all over the turkey and season with salt and pepper. Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C.
How long does it take a 15 lb turkey to cook?
How Long to Cook a Turkey.
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
Can you cook a turkey at a higher temperature?
A STARTLING and relatively new method for roasting poultry can make even today’s bland, overbred turkeys memorable. The blast-heat method will produce a crisp-skin bird with moist, intensely flavorful white and dark meat.
How many hours do you cook a 21 lb turkey?
Expect it to take 4.5 to 5 hours to cook a 21.5-pound turkey at 325 degrees Fahrenheit — if your turkey is unstuffed. If it’s full of your favorite stuffing, add at least 15 minutes to the total cooking time. Determine when the turkey is done by internal temperature only.
How long should turkey sit out before roasting?
Once defrosted, or if you bought a fresh bird, take the turkey out of the refrigerator 45 minutes to 1 hour before roasting. This technique will allow the turkey to come to (almost) room temperature, helping it cook more evenly and quickly.
How Long To Cook A Turkey Per Pound – TURKEY COOK
what temperature to cook a turkey
how long to cook a 12 pound turkey
how many minutes per pound to cook a turkey
turkey temperature cooking chart
how long to cook a 10 lb turkey
how long to cook a 15 pound turkey
how long to cook turkey in oven
how long to cook a 20-pound turkey at 350